Then you can confidentially:
- Speak to one of your local UNISON representatives;
- Contact our Branch Casework Coordinator by email or through the online form;
- Ring UNISONdirect on 0800 0857 857.
If you would like to help support other members, you can become a UNISON Representative. All training is provided for free and time off work is paid. Contact the Branch Secretary for more information.
Other Sources of Support
- Samaritans – “We offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you.” Call 116 123 (Free, 24 hours/day) or email email@example.com.
- UNISON Member Support & Services – Available to all members of UNISON.
- UNISON Knowledge Base – Up-to-date and legally checked information on employment rights and key issues affecting people in the workplace and at home.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Confidential counselling and support for all University of Bath staff, delivered at the RUH. Usually consists of a course of four sessions, each lasting 50 minutes.
- Education Support Partnership – An independent service provided by a charity that supports all staff who work in education in the UK. They provide a 24/7 telephone and email helpline. They can offer counselling, coaching and immediate emotional support.
- University of Bath Coaching Service – Access to internal and external coaches for University of Bath staff to help them address specific work-related challenges or career development. Internal and external coaches are available. May need sign off by line manager.
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust – Access to therapy, counselling and courses for all who live in the local area.
- Wellbeing College – Offer a variety of courses and support to help maintain good mental health, ranging from furniture repair to mindfulness. All courses are free or very low in cost. 1:1 sessions can be booked to consider wellbeing needs and goals.
- Feel Good Bath – A directory website listing support groups and organisations in the Bath area.