The University and Colleges Employers Association have made their final pay offer: a below-inflation pay rise of 3% for most Higher Education staff.
With RPI inflation is 11.7% – this means that the 3% offer would be a pay cut – we think you’re worth more than that!
The cost of living is rising sharply – shouldn’t your pay reflect that?
Pay for staff in universities has gone down relative to inflation over the last 13 years. Yet income to universities has increased. The University of Bath itself has told union reps that they do have money for a pay rise for staff, but have chosen not to implement it.
85% of our branch members who responded to the recent consutation told us that they rejected the current 3% pay offer. This means that our branch has not accepted the 3% pay offer, and are balloting for strike action – We’re encouraging our members to vote YES to strike action.
All of the 8 Universities within the Southwest region, alongside 86 others nationwide, are balloting for strike action, to let their employers know that ALL university staff expect decent pay, fair workloads and secure employment.
*** Your vote can make a difference! ***
What Happens Next?
- Make sure your contact details are up to date at www.unison.org.uk/my-unison/ to enure your ballot paper reaches you.
- Ballot papers will be sent out from the 22nd July 2022
- We encourage you to vote YES to strike action and return the ballot paper in the pre-paid envelope before the 26th August 2022
- Let your branch know you’ve voted by emailing email@example.com (we do not need to know how you voted, we just need to know who has)
- Encourage your colleagues to vote! You really can make all the difference.